Tofino’s civic bylaws are intended to keep Tofino clean, healthy and safe. Council enacts bylaws that are created, interpreted and administered by a number of District departments.
Bylaw Enforcement promotes, facilitates and enforces general compliance with bylaws that pertain to the health, safety and welfare of the community.
What does "Consolidated Version" Mean?
When amendments (i.e. changes) are made to a bylaw, we incorporate those changes into a "Consolidated Version". To see the text of each amendment (change) or how the bylaw looked when it was originally adopted (before changes), please contact the Corporate Services Department, at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: The bylaws listed have been placed on the web site for convenience only and may not contain the latest amendment(s). We make every effort to ensure the bylaws on our web site are accurate; however, the District of Tofino cannot guarantee the accuracy of information provided.
Commonly Accessed Bylaws (Search Using CTRL+F)
- Anti-Idling Bylaw No. 1087 (Consolidated Version)
- Administrative Fees, Terms & Conditions Bylaw No. 1153, 2011
- Animal Control Bylaw No. 866 (Consolidated Version)
- Amenities Reserve Fund Bylaw 1007, 2005
- Board of Variance Bylaw No. 1010, 2005 (Consolidated Version)
- Bylaw Notice and Dispute Adjudication Bylaw No. 1107 (Consolidated Version)
- Building Bylaw 940, 2003 (Consolidated Version)
- Business Licence Regulation Bylaw No. 858 (Consolidated Version)
- Delegation of Council Authority Bylaw, No. 1237, 2018
- Development Cost Charges DCC - Bylaw 1124, 2010
- 5 Year Financial Plan Bylaws
- Freedom of Information Bylaw No. 665 1994
- Fireworks and Firearms Regulation Bylaw, No. 1219, 2016
ACRD Garbage and Recylcable Materials Collection Bylaw no. R1021-5 (2017)
ACRD Garbage and Recylcable Materials Collection Bylaw no. R1021(2008)
Garbage & Recyclable Materials Collection Bylaw 1070, 2008 (Consolidated Version)
- Liquor Control and Licensing Application Procedure and Fee Bylaw 947, 2003
- Land Use & Development Procedure Bylaw No. 899 (Consolidated Version)
- Meeting Procedures Bylaw No. 1229, 2016
- Municipal Ticket Information System Bylaw No. 1088 (Consolidated Version)
- Municipal and Regional District Tax Levy Bylaw No. 1225, 2016 (Consolidated Version)
- Outdoor Burning Bylaw No. 1071, 2008 (Consolidated Version)
- Officers, Employees and Indemnification Bylaw No. 1235, 2017
- Official Community Plan Bylaw (Consolidated Version)
- Public Property Use Regulation Bylaw No. 1098 (Consolidated Version)
- Parking-in-lieu Bylaw No. 1176, 2012 (Consolidated Version)
- Pesticide Use Reduction Bylaw 1102, 2009
- Subdivision & Development Bylaw No. 1201, 2014
- Sewer and Utility Rates Bylaw 1214, 2015
- Smoking and Vaping Regulation Bylaw No. 1249 (Read More Information)
- Sign Control Bylaw 1193, 2014
- Traffic & Parking Regulation Bylaw No. 1091 (Consolidated Version)
- Annual Tax Rates Bylaws
- Tofino Recreation Commission Bylaw No. 731, 1996
- 2014-2015 Tax Exemption Bylaw No. 1188, 2013 (Consolidated Version)